It’s a Saturday Morning and you are thinking…how can I be productive today but still relax and restore for next week??
My answer: Make Larabars
Make a healthy snack for next week in just a few simple steps with 3 ingredients. This is a frugal and healthful choice. As the Nike commercial says, “Just do it”
- 1 Cup Roasted Unsalted Peanuts
- 10 ounces Dates, Pitted
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- Line a loaf pan with wax or parchment paper, with enough to hang over the edge by 1 inch
- If the dates are soft and fresh there is no need to soak in water. If they are a little dry, try covering the dates in warm water for a few minutes. Drain well and blot dry with a paper towel. Don't soak them so long that they start to turn to mush.
- Add the peanuts to a food processor or Vitamix and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the dates and salt and process until it forms a ball and sticks together.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and press using another pieces of parchment to smooth out the surface.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before cutting.
- Store the date bars individually wrapped in plastic wrap or parchment paper in an airtight container for up to several weeks
- Find free printables to wrap them up like I did on http://printablecrush.com/tropical-fruit-no-bake-granola-bar/. Just scroll past the recipe and click download to print the cute labels!